Sunday 27 March 2011

#SINGItForJapan

SINGItForJapan contribution (2011). Fineliner pen drawing, digitally coloured on Photoshop.
The observant among you might have realised that I'm a big fan of My Chemical Romance. Well they're currently putting together a project to raise money for Red Cross Japan in the wake of the recent earthquake, tsunamis and nuclear disasters over there. They'll be releasing a special version of their song, SING, along with a video to which fans are contributing footage, photographs and artwork as we speak. Obviously not everything will make it in there, but this is my effort and I had a lot of fun doing it today. I've never coloured/shaded something digitally before, so I'm quite pleased with how it came out!

Anyway, this is a really good cause, so if you like this band or know someone who does, get involved! And if you don't like this band, donate some money anyway 'cause it's a nice thing to do for some people who are having a really shitty time at the moment.

I still don't really get how Twitter works, so do whatever it is you're meant to do with this hash tag: #SINGItForJapan.

Also see the blog on MCR's website: http://www.mychemicalromance.com/news

No comments:

Post a Comment