Wednesday 2 November 2011

Some collages

At the moment I'm looking at our perception of reality and how that changes, or is supposed to change, as we grow up. Jesus I'm starting to sound like that arty bollocks generator. At the beginning, I was really interested in the idea that children are somehow more prone to paranormal phenomena - demonic possession, seeing ghosts, being in league with the Devil etc. which was inspired by Susan Hiller's 'Wild Talents', crazy Evangelists and my own obsession with the paranormal throughout my childhood. Anyway, I'm shit at updating this blog so I've moved on a bit from these pieces now but I still sort of like them, even though they're more than a little derivative of Heather Gabel's work. What can I say? I love that woman, and these are just some experiments playing around with imagery really.

Ectoplasm/possession (2011). Ink, collage, acrylic.

Ducking Stool (2011). Collage, pen.

Crucible (2011). Collage, pen.

Cottingley (2011). Acrylic paint, collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment